Hair cuticles are compact and lie flat. Hair does not allow moisture to easily enter and exit the hair strand.
- Hair feels dry - very dry
- Build up is a major issue as the cuticle layers are tightly packed making the products sit on the hair strand instead of being absorbed
- Can't handle heavy products
- Takes a very long time to dry (4+ hours) without any styling products
- Does not need protein often (once a month)
- Can be resistant to chemical treatments
Adjustments to your routine:
- Use less protein, more moisture
- Clarify 2 - 4 times a month
- Experiment with appyling products on slightly wet / damp hair
- Use a hot head or indirect hair when deep conditioning
- Use lightweight products
- Use products that contain humectants like glycerin, honey
- Avoid heavy oils & heavy butters.