Healthy hair comes with using a conditioner! This is the most important step in your whole routine, never skip it! Not only do conditioners moisturize and hydrate the hair, they also nourish and protect the hair strands from issues like breakage and split ends and environmental factors like pollution and sun exposure. Hair should look shiny, feel soft and more manageable after using a conditioner.
A common mistake is people assume they have the driest hair type and that they need the heaviest conditioner to moisturize. That is not true. For example, if someone has fine and very dry, curly hair who uses a heavy, very moisturizing conditioner, they may end up with weighed down curls that look like waves with flat roots, no volume, and more build up. Choose the right conditioner that suits your hair is very important.
Tips when using a conditioner:
- Never apply on your scalp or near your roots as you can end up with flat roots or build up on your scalp which leads to hair loss.
- The more dense or the thicker your hair, the more sections you need.
- Detangle your hair in the shower while applying your conditioner, either using your fingers or a brush.
- If your hair feels overly tangled, wait 5 minutes after applying your conditioner then start to detangle.
- Spray more water onto your hair to add slip instead of adding more conditioner.
- Any conditioner that feels heavy on you, use less of it and dilute it with water.
- Not all conditioners can be left into the hair, refer to what's written on the back of the product or reach out to us.
- Once a week, replace your conditioner with a deep conditioner. For more info, click here.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Brands try to make products that suit most textures, porosities and patterns. When we break down the products to help you decide what to purchase, it does not mean it will only suit the hair types written. It is simply a recommendation by us and based on reviews.